Sunday, June 10, 2012

Day 9 update from Tok, AK

I have been speaking with the locals about the road being closed.  The news is not good.  It has been confirmed that there are two bridges out and multiple mudslides between Teslin and Watson Lake.  The locals are saying that they are usually pretty quick at clearing the highway, but the last time one of those bridges washed out, it was two weeks before the road was passable.

I have been looking for alternative routes, but have not been able to find any.  I have been thinking about dropping down to Haines and catching a ferry to Seattle.  This would be a more expensive way to go, but would get me home some time around Sunday or Monday.  I also am not sure that I can get to Haines in time to catch the ferry.

I will check the road report in the morning to see what is going on, then make a decision.

This trip was about adventure, and I am getting a good dose of it.

Ed

No comments:

Post a Comment