Monday, October 10, 2011

I can't wait, a post from Ed

I have been actually thinking about this ride for quite some time.  I asked Devon if I could go on it about 6 months ago, she said yes without hesitation.  I am so lucky to have her as my wife.  I am so excited about this ride and think about it often.  I am constantly doing research and learning from other adventurers who have done the ride in the past.

Originally this was going to be a solo adventure ride from Oklahoma City to Prudhoe Bay, Alaska and possibly Inuvik, Canada on my KLR 650.  Over the past 5 months, I have been planning like crazy.  Then about two weeks ago my thoughts turned to Devon and I realized that I really wanted to share this adventure with her.  I could not imagine being without her for the three weeks this ride would take, so I simply asked her to go.  She, to my delight, said yes.  I can't wait and am already counting down the days.

This ride will be a challenging ride for both Devon and I.  At times it will test our limits and abilities to work together as a couple, but I am confident we can make it.

We will take my SPOT GPS tracker.  For those of you who do not know what this is, it is a device tracked by satellites which allows you to track our progress on an online map in near real time.

Our route will be as follows:

  • Prince George, British Columbia
  • Cassair Highway
  • Whitehorse
  • Klondike Highway
  • Top of the World Highway
  • Chicken, AK
  • Tok, AK
  • Fairbanks, AK
  • Coldfoot, AK
  • Dead Horse, AK
  • Prudhoe Bay, AK
Our goal is to make it all the way to Prudhoe Bay, but if we don't it will be OK because we will be together having a great time.

We still have a ton of planning to do, and lots of equipment to purchase.  Check in with us frequently to see what we are up to

No comments:

Post a Comment