Sunday, October 16, 2011

Getting ready

Yesterday Devon and I went to the local motorcycle apparel store to check out some heated gear, gloves, and riding pants.  Though we are going in June, temperatures can still get very cold up there and we are guaranteed to have rain.  We tried on several pairs of pants but were unable to find any that we liked so we will keep looking.  Devon did find a pair of gloves she liked, but we did not buy them as I would like to see if I can find them for a better price on line.  We also purchased some more camping gear from Walmart and some cups from the Dollar Store.

I listed the mighty KLR and all the KLR accessories/part I had originally purchased for the solo trip on craigslist and the advrider.com forum.  It is amazing how many responses we have received to the ads.  We have already sold the rear rack, panniers, Corbin seat, and multiple small parts.  I have someone who would like to look at the KLR today, so hopefully it sells.  A majority the money from the KLR sales will be recycled into gear for this trip.

Here is a picture of the KLR:


All Devon and I talk about is this trip and how exciting it is.  She told me yesterday that she dreamed about it all night long.  We have been conversing on line with several other riders who have completed this ride in the past.  This gives us a good idea of what to expect and gives us ideas for stops and pack items.

Next weekend, I am planning to do some work to the Wing so watch for my post next weekend.  By the way, if you have not seen our Wing and trailer, here is a picture of us with it from a ride we completed last year at the Peel Ferry crossing in Arkansas:

1 comment:

  1. Maybe Troy has some gear he took to Philmont that you could use. All lightweight since you have to carry everything on your back and for cold.

    ReplyDelete