Friday, December 23, 2011

I REALLY Love Heated Gear

Recently Ed and I invested in some First Gear heated gear for cold conditions.  When he hooked it up and tried it out he came home and told me it was really good.  “Like wearing an electric blanket.  If I had known it was this good I would have bought these years ago.”

Well I got busy, and frankly it wasn’t cold when I had time to go out and ride.  So I waited and waited and waited to put mine on and try it out.  Well we finally had a nice cold day in the forecast last Saturday.  We cleared our calendar and made a plan to ride to our favorite diner on Route 66, The Rock Café.  Which by the way we HIGHLY recommend if you’re ever in Stroud, OK. 

Getting up at 7 am, this was my 1st hurdle as I generally like to sleep in on Saturday’s.  My 2nd hurdle was the 27 F on our thermometer.  UGH!  So that’s a smidge colder than I wanted, but I am proud to say I sucked it up, put on my big girl pants, hopped on the Wing, and plugged in my jacket.

I’m not sure I can get across how much I love my heated liner. So let me try. I love it like rainbows, kitties, and puppies.  I love it like the smell of bread baking.  I love it like I love like beautiful fall day’s and long rides on the Wing.  I love it like I love chocolate.  Yes, I love it THAT much. 

The first thing I noticed is that it started to warm up immediately.  I mean I could feel it within seconds.  YES!!!  Next, I noticed that as we started to get going down the road the wind was blowing the heat off of me but I wasn't cold at all.  Normally I can feel the wind and even with the gear I can feel the bite of the wind when it’s super cold.  In other words, I was in complete comfort at 27 F.

My hands and feet are another story, so I might have to think about heated socks and gloves.  I don’t expect 27 F as a norm on our trip to Alaska, I do anticipate that to be an extreme for us.  At least I know I can handle it, won’t freeze to death, and turn into a Devon Popsicle.

Recently, we met up with a nice couple we met from one of the motorcycle forums we frequent, they are fellow Wing people.  They have some family in Oklahoma they were visiting for the holiday and were kind enough to stop our house for a quick visit.  It was nice to put a face with a name and get some AWESOME pointers for the trip.  They were also kind enough to leave a DVD of their trip with us.  It was fun to sit and see all the spectacular pictures and think ‘Man were actually gonna get to go there in a few months!’  They titled it "An Adventure of a Lifetime", and I couldn’t agree more. 

We hope you all have a great Christmas and safe New Year.  We’ll be on vacation until the New Year, but  
have a Merry Christmas.  Thank you for all of your comments and suggestions, Ed and I really love and appreciate all the help we’ve received.
 
I know we keep saying that we can’t wait but we really can’t wait until June!!

No comments:

Post a Comment